HIV Prevention and Treatment – The Threats of Illegal Online Drug Sellers to Public Health and Patient Safety Webinar
On Monday, June 28, 2021 ASOP Global Foundation hosted a free healthcare provider webinar: HIV Prevention and Treatment – The Threats of Illegal Online Drug Sellers to Public Health and Patient Safety. The discussion examined strategies healthcare professionals can use to educate people living with HIV and people at risk for HIV about the dangers of buying antiretroviral therapies (ART) and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) medications through illegal online sources as well as ways to access safe, legitimate medicines.
Expert panelists included:
- Libby Baney, JD, ASOP Global Foundation Senior Advisor
- John Hertig, PharmD, MS, CPPS, FASHP, ASOP Global Board President
- Arash Debastani, PharmD, MHA, FASHP, FABC, Dean, Long Island University School of Pharmacy
- Rebecca Kavanagh, PharmD, BCACP, AAHIVP, Director, Co-Curriculum and Developmental Portfolios, Touro College of Pharmacy
- Michael Liu, PharmD, BCCCP, BCNSP, BCPS, Assistant Dean of Clinical and Professional Affairs, Touro College of Pharmacy
To access ASOP Global Foundation’s toolkit to educate patients, providers, and community organizations about the dangers of purchasing medications online, click here.